CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A portion of Pecan Avenue in Elizabeth was closed for hours early Tuesday after police said someone crashed into a pole and ran off.
The collision with the pole around 2 a.m. brought down power lines across Pecan Avenue and police had to close the road between Shenandoah Avenue and Bay Street.
Authorities had everything repaired and the road reopened by 11 a.m.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Facebook Live shooting: Suspect in custody after killing caught on video
- Pedestrian killed on I-85 in Gaston Co.; southbound lanes closed
- More than 5,600 mourners pay final respects to Rev. Billy Graham
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast outlook
- FOP asks Charlotte leaders for 15 percent pay raise for CMPD officers
© 2018 Cox Media Group.