CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Last week’s Charlotte Business Journal listed North Carolina and Charlotte-area craft breweries ranked by number of barrels produced in 2018. Charlotte is home to two of the state’s top 12, The Olde Mecklenburg Brewery and NoDa Brewing Co.
In 2018, OMB and NoDa brewed over 20,000 and 15,000 31-gallon barrels, respectively.
Overall, North Carolina’s 291 craft breweries produced 1.3 million barrels in 2018. The state ranked seventh in the U.S. for production and number of craft breweries, according to the Brewers Association.
As part of CBJ’s survey of local brewers, we asked them to pick their favorite bottled or canned beer from their brewery and share what they think is the best appetizer or snack pairing that someone could make at home.
Read more about local breweries’ production and check out their perfect pairings here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Amber Alert issued for 3-year-old abducted after woman shot to death
- Man, 2 women found dead following shooting at Hickory apartment
- Accused gang member escapes prison, takes Lyft to family’s Shelby home
- FORECAST: Heat index of at least 100 degrees; afternoon storms likely
- Dirt biker killed in crash, man charged after group of riders attack woman
© 2019 Cox Media Group.