CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have identified the victim of Charlotte's 26th homicide.
Authorities were called to the scene at 8:13 p.m. Wednesday in the 3500 block of Spanish Quarter Circle, where they found 19-year-old Kevin Marquez lying in the breezeway of the apartment complex.
He had been shot several times and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Neighbors said they heard several gun shots and police told Channel 9 that witnesses will be key to finding whoever pulled the trigger.
"It's unfortunate, but what we can do is solve them," said CMPD Maj. C Voorhees. "We've been doing a good job solving them in this jurisdiction. We're going to continue, but need the public's help."
Police said they've received several suspect descriptions from neighbors, but there is no word on a motive.
No arrests have been made and the investigation is ongoing.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Brookshire closed 'for duration of day' after wind brings down traffic lights
- Woman's death in Steele Creek being investigated as homicide, CMPD says
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday morning forecast
- Temps dip, winds pick up after storms barrel through Carolinas
- Couple accused in killings brought back to Charlotte to face charges
- 19-year-old found shot to death at east Charlotte apartment complex
Cox Media Group