CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police charged Martin Alexander Robinson, 19, with the shooting death of a man in southeast Charlotte.
(Martin Alexander Robinson)
Investigators said Robinson shot 22-year-old Thomas McDonald outside the Sardis Place Apartments on Cross Point Circle, off East Independence Boulevard, around 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 7
Officers told Channel 9 that McDonald did not live at the apartments but went to pick up food, and when he came back someone shot him several times.
He was rushed to the hospital but died.
Neighbors that Channel 9 spoke with were shaken.
“Never really heard anything about like this happening in this area so I never thought twice to think that this was something that could strike here,” said Jesus Rodriguez.
Robinson was arrested without incident in Memphis.
He was charged with murder and robbery with a dangerous weapon.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Pizza shop gunman from Salisbury regrets how he handled situation
- 2 teens charged in shooting death of 15-year-old Charlotte boy
- 2 CMS schools locked down while CMPD investigates armed robbery
- Authorities believe escaped inmate stabbed officer at SC Walmart
- Police identify man shot to death at SE Charlotte apartment complex
Cox Media Group