CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A vehicle hit and killed an 81-year-old woman on Nov. 13 at about 6 p.m. in south Charlotte, officials said.
The collision happened at Sharon Road and Rutherford Drive.
The driver of a 2005 Lexus RX330 was traveling in the left lane on Sharon Road when Christa Frazier attempted to cross the street, CMPD said in a news release.
The Lexus struck the Frazier, who was not in a crosswalk and police said the crash happened in an area where there are no crosswalks.
Police said neither speed nor impairment were factors in the crash. It was dark and raining at the time, so visibility was limited, according to CMPD.
Paramedics said Frazier died at the scene.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Student in custody after gun found at East Mecklenburg High School, sources say
- Officials say Lake Wylie man facing dozen child porn charges recorded naked children
- CMS: Olympic HS 'safe, secure' after social media threat forces lockdown
- Social media threat forces lockdown at Olympic High School, officials say
- Emergency crews pull school bus from Cabarrus County floodwaters
- 'More urgent by the minute': Reward in case of kidnapped teen rises to $20K
- Pilot in critical condition after small plane crashes in Myrtle Beach surf
© 2019 Cox Media Group.