CHARLOTTE, N.C. - This summer, an office development in South End that's home to Fortune 500 companies and local groups alike received its certificate of occupancy.
Companies like coworking giant WeWork and consulting firm Slalom have since settled in, and employees are already working at The RailYard, a two-building project that includes about 300,000 square feet of office space and 30,000 square feet of retail. The north building's office space is exclusively leased to Allstate Corp., which said in 2017 that it would add more than 2,000 jobs here over three years as part of an expansion.
The RailYard was built on the former HD Supply site, a block bounded by Tryon, Bland, Winnifred and Winona streets in red-hot South End. Charlotte-based Beacon Partners broke ground on the project in late 2017.
Check out that development here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Three people hurt after being shot in west Charlotte, police say
- Experienced thieves steal $300,000 worth of precious metal in SC
- SCOREBOARD: High School Football Scores
- NTSB releases preliminary report on plane crash Dale Earnhardt Jr., family escaped
- Two men charged in connection with eight break-ins across Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.