CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Carowinds is now in the housing business. The theme park that straddles the Carolinas border along Interstate 77 opened a 400-bed dormitory last month. This fall, its 130-room Springhill Suites by Marriott opens, adding to the supply of 2,300 rooms at or near Cedar Fair Entertainment Co. parks.
During a tour of the new dorm, Lisa Stryker of Carowinds points out a nearby recreation center with kitchens, laundry facilities and pool tables. In the dorm rooms, interns, seasonal employees and others have televisions, fridges, microwaves, bunkbeds and lockers. Self-service laundry facilities are free of charge.
“We want to provide a great environment for our associates,” says Stryker, director of communications at Carowinds.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Domestic dispute leads to deadly shooting in Fort Mill, deputies say
- Man charged with 20-year-old's murder near uptown Charlotte, officials say
- 'Her spirit is going to live on': Loved ones to honor teen reportedly killed by father
- PHOTOS: A peek inside latest development to wrap up in South End
- FORECAST: Cold front and clouds linger throughout weekend
© 2019 Cox Media Group.