PINEVILLE, N.C. — Police are investigating what they're describing as an attempted murder-suicide late Monday night in Pineville.
Officers were called to a home on Olive Street just after 8 p.m. after reports of a shooting.
When they arrived, police found 54-year-old Lorene Simpson dead inside.
They also found the man who they said killed her suffering from self-inflicted injuries.
That man, whose name has not been released, was rushed to the hospital, where officials said he remains in stable condition.
Police said Simpson knew the man but have not elaborated on the nature of their relationship.
Charges are pending and anyone who has additional information is asked to call the Pineville Police Department’s Criminal Investigation Division at 704-889-2231.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Deputies investigating double shooting that left man dead in Union Co.
- Crews recover missing boater's body from Lake Norman
- Beaver attacks 67-year-old paddleboarder on Beaver Lake
- Pineville police say man killed woman before injuring himself
- 14-year-olds lead troopers on chase, crash van into house
Cox Media Group