CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Officials said an elderly man who was reported missing Wednesday evening in northwest Charlotte was found safe Friday.
Officials said 89-year-old Thomas Davis is paralyzed on his right side from a previous stroke. They spent days looking for him.
A command center was set up at Valleydale Road at Goodman Road as crews worked to find Davis. The police department even flew its helicopter over the neighborhood.
Davis was last seen at his home on Bullock Drive Wednesday afternoon. Police started looking for him after his worried son called for help Wednesday evening.
Officials said Davis was found safe off Valleydale Road.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Report: Man with NC ties confesses to killing wife, 2 daughters in Colorado
- Iredell County middle school teacher accused of statutory rape
- Sheriff: 'Violent thug' shot deputy in 'senseless attack on law enforcement'
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- CMPD searching for partially paralyzed man who wandered away from home
Cox Media Group