CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police are investigating after they found a man dead inside his pickup truck in a northwest Charlotte parking lot overnight.
Officers responded to a suspicious vehicle call around midnight on Rozzelles Ferry Road, near West Trade Street, and found the man unresponsive in the driver’s seat of a Chevrolet Colorado.
He was identified as David Jackson.
Police noticed that the truck had struck a tree and a fence along Rozzelles Ferry Road, and believe Jackson may have died from a health issue.
Investigators said speed and alcohol did not play a role in the crash.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- City councilwoman's tweet compares police to terrorists
- Pack of small, vicious dachshunds running wild attacks, kills woman
- Source: Neighborhood street blocked as homicide suspect arrested
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Boy describes Hilton Head shark attack: 'I'm dreaming, wake me up!'
© 2018 Cox Media Group.