CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are investigating whether two overnight armed robberies are connected.
The first happened just before midnight Monday at a Petro Express on South Tryon Street in South End. Two robbers went into the convenience store and didn’t show a weapon but implied they had one, according to police.
The second robbery happened 45 minutes later at another Kangaroo Express on West Sugar Creek Road in north Charlotte. Two robbers used a knife to steal money from the store, investigators said. No one was hurt in the robbery.
No arrests have been made.
Check back to wsoctv.com for more on this developing story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Counselors at East Meck HS Tuesday after senior shot, killed
- UNC Charlotte quarterback posts bail on rape charges
- Community rallies behind Gaston County sergeant who is on life support
- WATCH: Coyote chases SC doctor out of the office
- Police investigate 2 armed robberies overnight in Charlotte
© 2018 Cox Media Group.