CHESTER COUNTY, S.C. - Police are investigating a 5-month-old child’s death in Chester County.
Investigators said the body of a baby boy was found around 8 a.m. Friday at a home on Deaver Street.
Police blocked off Deaver Street while they conduct the investigation.
The deputy solicitor told Channel 9 the child’s mother apparently found the boy unresponsive and 911 was called.
The deputy solicitor said this case is still very early in the investigation.
"Any time it's a child fatality, we believe you need to respond as quickly as possible to make sure that if anything has gone wrong that we need to know about that we protect the possible scene,” Deputy Solicitor Candice Lively said.
The Chester Police Department, the South Carolina Law Enforcement Division and the coroner's office are investigating.
No cause of death has been released yet. The coroner's office plans to do an autopsy as soon as Friday.
Check back with Channel 9 for updates on the story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Dramatic body camera video captures SC deputy saving baby's life
- 'I blacked out': Subway worker says customer punched her in mouth
- Amtrak train collides with tow truck hauling car off tracks in University City
- Charlotte bar sued for unauthorized performance of 'Wonderwall'
- FORECAST: Afternoon storms likely; Barry could become hurricane
© 2019 Cox Media Group.