LANCASTER, S.C. — Police are continuing an investigation Tuesday into the death of a 3-year-old girl in Lancaster.
Officers said they went to 418 Heath Circle Monday around 12:04 p.m. in response to a call for an unconscious child.
Police said they found the child unresponsive on her back in the living room of the home, with no pulse or signs of respiration.
The 3-year-old girl was taken to Springs Memorial Hospital, where she died.
Authorities said the Lancaster Child Fatality Task Force is investigating the toddler’s death and that an autopsy is scheduled for Tuesday.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman killed when suspected drunk driver crashes into minivan
- Union County deputies seek shooter after homes, vehicles struck by gunfire
- Older adults forget more because their brain rhythms don't sync during sleep
- Panthers could attract several buyers with deep pockets, experts say
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Police investigate death of 3-year-old girl in Lancaster
Cox Media Group