Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are investigating after a man was shot in east Charlotte and then, died at the hospital Saturday night.
The shooting happened just after 6:30 p.m. on Kelston Place near Albemarle Road.
Detectives are investigating a homicide in the 1300 block of Kelston Place. One person has been pronounced deceased. pic.twitter.com/YOzccvO7nL— CMPD News (@CMPD) October 20, 2019
Police said they were responding to the area for an assault with a deadly weapon call, but learned 21-year-old Malik Clark II had been taken by friends to an urgent care facility with gunshot wounds.
MEDIC took Clark to the hospital, but he later died from his injuries.
Police have not said what led to the shooting or if any arrests have been made.
No other information has been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after man shot in east Charlotte dies at hospital
- Suspected drunk driver hits 4 construction workers, killing 1 near Concord Mills
- Hotel evacuated after man fires gun inside nearby business, CMPD says
- Driver charged with DWI after hitting, killing man on I-277 in Charlotte, police say
- Driver intentionally hit, killed 79-year-old woman at Matthews grocery store, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.