CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have identified a man who was shot and killed in east Charlotte late Sunday night.
Officers responded to an assault with a deadly weapon call on Gwynne Hill Road, near Harrisburg Road around 10 p.m.
Upon arrival, officers said they found 24-year-old Randy Tarlton suffering from gunshot wounds and attempted to render aid, however he was later pronounced dead at the scene.
No arrests have been made at this point.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to call 704-432-TIPS and speak directly to a Homicide Unit Detective. Detective Echols is the lead detective assigned to the case. The public can also call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600 or visit the Crime Stoppers website at http://charlottecrimestoppers.com/.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back to wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 5 children among 7 people critically injured in east Charlotte house fire
- Police: Vandals target NC family over daughter's interracial relationship
- 'A Christmas Eve miracle': Cleveland Co. great-grandma wins $10M on scratch-off
- WATCH: Meteorologist Tony Sadiku's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Police identify man shot, killed at same house where kidnapped teen was beaten
Cox Media Group