CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department made an arrest in a homicide investigation from October.
Police said they have charged 41-year-old Grady Alonzo Hills Sr. in the murder of 29-year-old Larry Watson Jr.
Hills was arrested without incident Friday, police said. Police have not said what the relationship is between the men or what the motive is.
(Grady Alonzo Hills)
Investigators responded to Trinity Drive, just off Beatties Ford Road, around 6:43 a.m. on Oct. 8. Officers said Watson had an apparent gunshot wound and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Watson was on parole for an assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury conviction from a July 4, 2016, incident.
Not far from the crime scene, Eric Miller was delivering a morning service at Trinity Baptist Church, where he’s the pastor.
“It saddened me, matter of fact, almost to tears, and so I shared it with my congregation and we prayed,” Miller said. “This community has always been one the better communities as far as safety in the city.”
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 2 children, mother dead in double homicide-suicide, police say
- Man shot, killed in officer-involved shooting in Huntersville
- Las Vegas shooter Stephen Paddock's girlfriend said her fingerprints would likely be on ammo
- Pedestrian dies after stuck, pinned under light rail train in Charlotte
- WATCH: Vicki Graf’s Sunday forecast outlook
- Police investigate man's claim wife died during trip to Graceland
© 2018 Cox Media Group.