GREENSBORO, N.C. - More victims at several North Carolina universities are coming forward against a man who is accused of posing as a model agent, getting women to send him revealing photos and then blackmailing them.
UNC Greensboro officials said 40 alleged victims came forward against Kevin Kerney.
Recently, some students at UNC Wilmington and High Point University came forward as victims.
Police say Kerney bragged about having 200 victims in the last decade, spanning across the Carolinas and Virginia.
Officers said some of those victims are under 18 years old.
Police call Kerney a “professional predator” and said that he threatened to release the photos online if the victims did not surrender their social media logins and passwords.
Police said as victims come forward, they will learn new things Kerney is accused of and his different tactics.
Police believe there are more victims out there and hope they come forward.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Passenger dead, driver charged after car smashes into tree in south Charlotte
- CMPD conducting homicide investigation in west Charlotte
- High school rock painting honoring MLK stirs up controversy
- WATCH: Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- Pair arrested for squatting in Davidson home accused of squatting in Charlotte house
© 2019 Cox Media Group.