CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are searching for a suspect they said hit a pedestrian with a car in south Charlotte and ran from the scene.
Officials said officers responded to the scene on South Boulevard at Lexington Avenue just before 8:30 p.m.
Authorities said the suspect vehicle remained on scene, but the male driver fled the area on foot.
MEDIC transported a male victim to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
No arrests have been made.
No other information has been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD investigating four overnight shootings within span of 15 minutes
- Wreckage of missing plane found in Rowan County field; pilot dead
- Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s mother, Brenda Jackson, dies after battle with cancer
- FORECAST: Warm-up underway as highs will climb into the mid-80s
- Kidnapping suspect in custody after nearly 5-hour standoff in Gaston County
© 2019 Cox Media Group.