MINT HILL, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are investigating an accident after they said a vehicle hit a pedestrian near Mint Hill Monday morning.
Officers said the accident occurred near the intersection of Albemarle Road and Wilgrove-Mint Hill Road around 11:45 a.m.
Police said the pedestrian parked his car in the turn lane, when he jumped out of the vehicle and was hit. They said according to 911 calls, he may have been armed.
Officials said the vehicle that hit the pedestrian belonged to a pizza delivery service. They said the driver went on to deliver the pizza after the accident but returned to the scene.
Officers said the victim is being taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
No other details have been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for any updates to this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigate attempted kidnapping at south Charlotte bus stop
- CMPD: Driver in fatal hit-and-run, who walked up to pedestrian before driving away, arrested
- Police: Multiple people arrested for 'driving erratically' on ATVs, dirt bikes across Charlotte
- FORECAST: Drier conditions Monday ahead of a wet workweek
- Currys: All-Star weekend 'everything we hoped it would be'
© 2019 Cox Media Group.