CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police responded to several fights during the Vance High School football game in University City Friday night.
[ALSO READ: Several students arrested after fight at South Pointe High School, officials say]
Police said a fight broke out inside the stadium around 8:30 p.m. and officers broke it up and sent those involved off campus.
They said not long after, they received a call about shots being fired in a parking lot outside the school. Police said no one was shot.
More fights continued inside and outside the stadium before police called in more units and got it under control.
They said dozens of young people were involved.
At one point, police were not letting anyone in or out of the game.
Police said three people were arrested and will be charged with public affray.
Officers said no one was hurt and the Mallard Creek versus Vance game was not impacted.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- Man shot missing Lincoln Co. woman before tossing body off bridge, deputies say
- Salisbury woman killed in crash on I-85 after traveling wrong way for miles
- North Carolina sheriff fires 2 deputies accused of inmate attack
- Blue Cross CEO of NC resigns following DWI, child abuse arrest
- 170 places being checked after body found in South Carolina trash truck
Cox Media Group