CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police have identified the victim from Charlotte's 61st homicide of the year.
Officers said Alvara Morales, 31, was shot and killed during an argument Wednesday night on Uppergate Lane in east Charlotte.
"It's a nice neighborhood, but every now and then you hear gunshots," a neighbor told Channel 9 reporter Joe Bruno.
No arrests have been made.
There were 67 total homicides in Charlotte in 2016.
Maj. Gerald Smith, of the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, said this year's violence is disappointing.
“If we could find one common factor with all of them, we would be addressing that factor,” Smith said. “Right now, it is just so random. It is kind of frustrating to us as well.”
Anyone with information on the shooting is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- HURRICANE TRACKER: Irma strengthens to Cat 5; takes aim at Caribbean
- Letting kids sleep in could save U.S. $9 billion a year, study finds
- Boyfriend accused of killing UNCC professor now behind bars
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Raleigh man who blames cold meds for stabbing wife to death faces judge
- 3 in critical condition after car plunges into river near Myrtle Beach
© 2018 Cox Media Group.