HICKORY, N.C. - Police in Hickory arrested a man accused of swinging an ax at a woman while wearing a clown costume.
Jimmy Raybon, 31, of Connelly Springs, turned himself in Wednesday on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
Hickory police spokeswoman Chrystal Dieter said Raybon came to a woman's Hickory house around 4:30 a.m. Friday wearing a clown mask and a multicolored wig.
Authorities said he didn't hurt the woman, and she was able to remove his mask and recognized him as an acquaintance before he left.
A motive for the attack was not immediately clear.
Raybon is scheduled to go before a judge Sept. 16.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officer Kerrick returns to stand after emotional testimony
- Man heard praying as he frees niece from wreckage
- Driver eludes Matthews police in chase
- Clerk ignores gay marriage order, asks judge for delay
- SOCIAL MEDIA UPDATES: CMPD officer Kerrick's trial