CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police said they were searching for two suspects Monday afternoon after following a stolen car driving erratically through Charlotte into Matthews.
Officers started following a black BMW around 3 p.m. as it sped down Independence Boulevard near Sharon Amity Road.
Chopper 9 Skyzoom was overhead as the car squeezed between vehicles stopped at a red light.
The driver could be seen weaving in and out of traffic and crossing double lines to avoid officers.
At one point, the driver circled around a gas station on Galleria Boulevard a few times before turning down Monroe Road.
Chopper 9 Skzyoom saw the car cut through parking lots and zoom through busy intersections.
The chase moved from east Charlotte into southeast Charlotte before ending in a Mathews neighborhood.
(WATCH BELOW to see video of the car speeding through east Charlotte)
Officials said two suspects, in their 20s or early 30s ditched the car in a driveway at a home near East John Street and McKee Road in Matthews.
Matthews police said the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, Stalling Police Department and Union County deputies are helping them search a wooded area near the homes for the suspects.
No arrests have been made.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 2 Cook Out employees fired after NC officer reportedly denied service
- 2 juveniles escape from Concord youth development center
- Arby's franchise issues ultimatum to parents: Control children or be asked to leave
- FORECAST: Pleasant start to workweek before blast of cold air arrives
- McCaffrey distraught after stopped at goal line as Panthers lose in Lambeau
© 2019 Cox Media Group.