CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The body of a missing Gaston County man was found Monday morning in a secluded area in west Charlotte off Hutchinson Lane, near Brookshire Boulevard.
Airborne officers discovered the body of Bryan Davenport in a wooded area not far from where his pickup truck was found Sunday.
Officials said there were no signs of trauma.
A Silver Alert was issued for Davenport, 41, after his black truck was found along Brookshire Boulevard between I-485 and Pleasant Grove Road.
Police responding to an unoccupied vehicle on the side of Brookshire between I-485 and Pleasant Grove Rd. Details are limited at this time but it is confirmed by officials that it belongs to a missing person. @wsoctv pic.twitter.com/oIyvXIjrSH— Larry Bergin 🏈🧀💚 (@Larry_Bergin13) October 20, 2019
Davenport's mother told Channel 9 he disappeared Saturday and reported him missing. On Monday, the search turned into a death investigation.
Our crews saw several police cars lining the side of the road and a group of people talking to officers. Davenport may have suffered from dementia or some other cognitive impairment.
"If this is actually true, that Bryan didn't suffer,” family friend Jane Guy said. “We ask prayers for his mother that she has peace going forward."
Anyone with information should call Det. Rheinson with the Gaston County Police Department at 704-866-3320.
CMPD is assisting in the death investigation.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after man shot in east Charlotte dies at hospital
- Suspected drunk driver hits 4 construction workers, killing 1 near Concord Mills
- Hotel evacuated after man fires gun inside nearby business, CMPD says
- Driver charged with DWI after hitting, killing man on I-277 in Charlotte, police say
- Driver intentionally hit, killed 79-year-old woman at Matthews grocery store, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.