CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Two people seriously injured in a shooting in east Charlotte Sunday afternoon were found in two different locations, according to Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department.
The shooting happened around 5:15 p.m. on Reddman Road.
Police said they received multiple calls for an assault with a deadly weapon -- one at Balsam Fir Drive and another at Eastbourne Road.
Officials said emergency crews responded to both scenes and found two victims with gunshot wounds.
MEDIC said both victims have been transported to the hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Police said an initial investigation revealed the victims left the initial scene at Reddman Road after the shooting.
No arrests have been made.
No other information has been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police swarm Harding University High School parking lot after large fight
- Police search for driver they say ran from deadly crash scene in west Charlotte
- Crews search Lake Wylie after finding missing woman's car in marina parking lot
- FORECAST: Clear skies, sunshine to last through weekend
- Sheriff: Dispatchers mishandled call after SC woman attacked, killed by two dogs
© 2019 Cox Media Group.