CONCORD, N.C. - A woman died after shooting herself accidentally at a Ruby Tuesday's restaurant along Wonder Drive in Kannapolis Saturday night, Concord police said.
Police said the initial investigation revealed the woman, 28-year-old Madison Moore, of Landis, North Carolina, appeared to have shot herself accidentally.
Moore had a single gunshot wound to the stomach. She was taken to Atrium Carolinas Medical Center Northeast, where she died of her injuries.
Our news partners at the Independent Tribune report the gun was Moore's Smith & Wesson 9mm. Concord Police told the Tribune the gun went off while still inside her pocketbook.
Rowan-Salisbury Schools said Moore was a teacher at Knollwood Elementary School.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Stanly Co. sheriff: Suspect charged after 19-year-old woman dies from severe beating
- Some residents along Catawba River begin to evacuate homes as rain continues
- 'I heard my wife screaming': Tree crushes west Charlotte home, traps nearby residents
- FORECAST: Flood threat remains as Charlotte region enters day 4 of rain
- Car show participants have cars stolen from hotel parking lot in north Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.