FORT MILL, S.C. — Another local park has tested positive for the toxic blue-green algae, a dangerous bacteria that can be harmful to people and pets.
The Anne Springs Close Greenway in Fort Mill said the algae was found in Lake Frances.
It is part of the dog park, which is a big deal because the algae can kill dogs.
Officials are asking people to not let their dogs drink the water.
They are already treating the water.
Several ponds in Mecklenburg County tested positive for the algae this summer.
Officials said Charlotte-Mecklenburg Storm Water Services tested 31 public parks for the toxic version of blue-green algae and eight of them tested positive.
This comes after several other area parks tested positive for the algae and three dogs died after being exposed to it while swimming in a pond in Wilmington.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
© 2020 Cox Media Group