• Pot on stove blamed for fire at apartment complex

    Updated:

    CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Residents in an elderly and disabled apartment complex returned home after a fire in south Charlotte.
     
    Firefighters said a pot left on a stove created heavy smoke in Charlottetown Terrace on Baxter Street.
                                   
    They got the call for help around 10:30 a.m. Monday.
                                   
    One person said smoke filled the hallway and there were a few scary moments when they were told to evacuate.
                                   
    “It was real smoky. You couldn't hardly see nothing so they put the fire alarm on and we all came on out,” said resident Dennis McClure.
     
    No one was hurt in the fire.
     
    It's not clear how much damage the smoke caused.


    Next Up:


  • Headline Goes Here

    Pot on stove blamed for fire at apartment complex

  • Headline Goes Here

    2-year-old pelted 9 times by paintballs in her west Charlotte yard, mother says

  • Headline Goes Here

    Residents pushing Mecklenburg County leaders for more greenways

  • Headline Goes Here

    Man killed, three others injured in shootout at Union County hotel

  • Headline Goes Here

    Man fought gunman: He 'was going to have to work to kill me'