CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Hundreds of people in Mecklenburg County are still without power Sunday morning due to all the heavy rain over the weekend, officials said.
Most of the outages were in South End, Dilworth and west Charlotte, and Duke Energy said fallen tree limbs damaged the power lines.
Duke Energy is working to restore power. They expect it to be fixed by noon Sunday.
Over 2,000 people were originally without power earlier Sunday morning.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on when power will be fully restored.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after man shot in east Charlotte dies at hospital
- Suspected drunk driver hits 4 construction workers, killing 1 near Concord Mills
- Hotel evacuated after man fires gun inside nearby business, CMPD says
- Driver charged with DWI after hitting, killing man on I-277 in Charlotte, police say
- Driver intentionally hit, killed 79-year-old woman at Matthews grocery store, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.