LENOIR, N.C. - A rare fox was spotted on a popular playground in Lenoir and now the area is off-limits.
Workers at the Martin Luther King Community Center put up caution tape around the playground equipment Wednesday.
Community center director Lester Whittington told Channel 9 he's worried a child might approach the fox and he wants wildlife officers to remove it.
Watch the video above as wildlife officials explain to Channel 9's Dave Faherty why they aren't removing the fox and why they don't believe it poses any danger to children.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Statesville mother charged with murder weeks after infant son dies
- 1 dead, another injured after car slams into tree in west Charlotte
- Large water main break floods busy street outside South End
- FORECAST: Oppressive conditions see heat index values above 100 degrees
- Special CMS board meeting set on suspended superintendent's contract
© 2019 Cox Media Group.