Perdue Foods is recalling about 495 pounds of frozen ready-to-eat chicken products due to misbranding and undeclared allergens, the U.S. Department of Agriculture's Food Safety and Inspection Service announced Tuesday.
The product contains wheat, a known allergen, which is not declared on the product label.
The frozen ready-to-eat chicken products are labeled as gluten-free chicken breast tenders but contain chicken nugget products. The items were produced on Aug. 30.
The products subject to recall bear establishment number "P-33944" on the package label. These items were shipped to distributors and retail locations in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Ohio, and Pennsylvania.
The following products are subject to recall: 22-oz. resealable plastic bags containing "Simply Smart Organics CHICKEN BREAST TENDERS GLUTEN FREE" with "Best By: 08 29 20," UPC Bar Code: 0-72745-80489-2, and timestamps of 00:30 to 01:00.
There have been no confirmed reports of adverse reactions due to consumption of these products.
Consumers with questions about the recall can contact Perdue Consumer Care at (866) 866-3703.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Rock Hill man betrayed after attorney pockets $166K mortgage payoff
- 'He was looking forward to heaven': Boy with rare form of dwarfism laid to rest
- Alleged Florida serial killer has ties to Charlotte area
- FORECAST: Final hot day before cold front, wet weather arrives
- Report: Cam Newton misses practice after aggravating foot injury
© 2019 Cox Media Group.