FORT MILL, S.C. — A guest at Carowinds shoved a ride operator out of the way to go onto the tracks and retrieve a cellphone that she had dropped, according to the York County Sheriff’s Office.
Channel 9's partners at The Herald reported that the incident happened last Friday night on the Boo Blasters on Boo Hill ride.
According to a sheriff’s report, the ride operator said a guest approached him and said she had dropped her phone on the ride. When the worker told the woman she would have to wait until the park closed, he said the guest pushed him out of the way and went onto the tracks of the ride.
The report said the employee immediately pushed the ride’s emergency stop button and followed the woman as she got her phone before park security took over.
The woman denied having any contact with the ride operator, who declined to press charges.
The woman was banned from Carowinds for five years.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Fire marshal sheds light on fallen firefighter's final moments
- Report: Carowinds guest shoved ride operator to retrieve phone from tracks
- WATCH: High school softball team loses championship while they celebrate
- CMPD: Woman shot in front yard in northwest Charlotte
- 9 investigates assaults on Lanesboro prison staff members
Cox Media Group