CHARLOTTE, N.C. - If you've flown lately, you likely know just how expensive it can be, especially if you fly out of Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
The U.S. Department of Transportation reports Charlotte has the second-highest average ticket prices in the country.
The average price for a ticket in the first three months of this year was $433.90.
TOP 5 MOST EXPENSIVE:
- Washington Dulles International Airport
- Charlotte Douglas International Airport
- Bush Intercontinental Airport
- Newark Liberty International Airport
- John F. Kennedy International Airport
Atlanta's average ticket price is around $380, while Nashville is a little cheaper around $335.
The most expensive airport in the country is Dulles in Washington D.C.
The average ticket price is just under $450.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Court OKs Stanly County traffic stop after middle-finger to trooper
- Two charged after teen with special needs dies in hot car on SC highway
- 5-year-old SC girl believed to be dead after mother's body found, police say
- FORECAST: Isolated storms possible this afternoon, evening
- Shark feeding frenzy caught on camera off Myrtle Beach coast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.