CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A valet driver at the Metropolitan in Midtown crashed a sports car when he lost control while parking the car.
A police report states that John Falcone, 26, lost control of a 1965 Shelby Cobra replica and crashed into a concrete base of a light pole.
IMAGES: Valet crashes Shelby Cobra replica at Metropolitan
Falcone told police he was pulling away from the valet stand when the car took off at a very fast speed, the report said. He tried to get the car out of gear, but lost control, the report states.
The police report states a witness told police she saw the driver leave the valet stand at a high rate of speed.
The damage to the Cobra was estimated at $5,000.
A recent eBay posting has a similar Shelby Cobra replica listed for $50,000.
The report said debris from the Cobra hit a 2007 BMW that was parked nearby and caused damage to that car also. The damage to the BMW was estimated at $500.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 5 children, 2 adults injured after hitting concrete barrier on I-85
- Troopers identify woman killed in multi-vehicle crash in Cleveland Co.
- Documents: Attorneys for Randall Kerrick ask for case to be thrown out
- Protesters expected outside Duke Energy shareholders meeting
- Teens posed with guns, Confederate flag in prom photo