People were still cleaning up Wednesday in the aftermath of severe thunderstorms that took down trees, powerlines and damaged businesses and homes the day before.
In the video at the top of this webpage, meteorologist John Ahrens has been surveying the damage in the Foothills and High Country.
>> To stay on top of changing weather conditions be sure to download our free WSOC-TV Weather app
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Officer shoots man at Gastonia Buffalo Wild Wings, police say
- 'She was petrified': Woman attacked by group of riders before fatal dirt bike crash
- Man on run after allegedly killing pregnant woman, abducting children
- FORECAST: Threat of storms not backing off as heat, humidity grip region
- South Carolina deputy caught in child sex sting by his own department
© 2019 Cox Media Group.