CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Since 1951 the Discovery Place Nature Museum has been a place for kids to learn about everything from plants to insects.
Now, Discovery Place wants to replace their 13,000 square-foot location with one that could double in size.
>> Watch the video above as Channel 9's Allison Latos explains how a larger Nature Museum would impact the community and why some residents are against a larger location.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Body of missing Gaston County man found during search in Charlotte
- Man exchanges gunfire with state probation and parole officers
- Proposed CMS office could investigate misconduct of top officials
- FORECAST: Wet weather on the way, but when and how much?
- 3 local Target robberies may be connected, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.