CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A new Italian restaurant should open in south Charlotte by early next week.
Civetta — slang for flirty, little girl in Italian — is located in the Stonecrest at Piper Glen shopping complex. It occupies a 5,000-square-foot space, formerly home to Smoke Modern Barbecue.
A soft opening for dinner service will come first, says Kevin Jennings. Lunch service will roll out in the coming weeks.
He and wife Stacey have invested roughly $650,000 into that concept at 7828 Rea Road.
Expect Civetta to deliver its twist on old-school Italian fare. Think chicken or eggplant Parmesan, bucatini with house-made meatballs and a baked pasta of the day, from ziti to lasagna, as well as stone-fired pizzas.
Pastas, dough and sauces such a Bolognese will be prepared in house.
“This is sort of a nod towards a hometown red-sauce restaurant,” Kevin says.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Sad to see this happen': Massive flames gut Statesville church
- Homeowner: Mooresville Airbnb guest shot confronting break-in suspects
- 9 investigates: Tainted gasoline complaints on the rise across NC
- FORECAST: Damp and dreary start to the work week
- Trial set to begin for man accused of murder during 2016 Charlotte riots
© 2019 Cox Media Group.