CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte is a city filled with cones and barricades, with new lane and road closures popping up each week.
A new stretch of Beatties Ford Road outside of uptown Charlotte closed Wednesday morning for Phase 2 construction of the Gold Line streetcar project.
>> Watch the video above as Traffic Team 9’s Mark Taylor explains what this closure means for drivers.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 1 dead, 3 others hospitalized in shooting at uptown apartment building
- Troopers: Wrong-way driver killed on I-485 in west Charlotte
- Fatal crash involving motorcycle blocks Highway 73 in Lincoln County
- FORECAST: Showers return, bringing unseasonably cool temps
- Man missing for two days found in Charlotte hospital's trauma unit
© 2019 Cox Media Group.