CHARLOTTE, N.C. — The North Carolina Department of Transportation hopes to ease traffic congestion in the Queen City as tens of thousands of people are expected to pour in for the ACC Tournament.
Several road projects and lane closures will be stopped for the week.
[LINK: TRAFFIC MAPS]
Crews will suspend work on Interstate 277 Monday through Sunday and on Interstate 77 near Interstate 85 Tuesday through Sunday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- ‘Daddy, no!': Chris Watts' 4-year-old daughter begged for life after mom, sister murdered
- Driver killed after Mustang crashes, hits utility pole in southwest Charlotte
- NC teachers who carry guns in schools would get raises under new bill
- FORECAST: Wintry weather closes mountain schools ahead of weekend warm-up
- Steph Curry keeps promise; girl helps design shoes for International Women's Day
Cox Media Group