CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools placed Allenbrook Elementary School on lockdown for nearly 90 minutes Thursday morning while police searched for a robbery suspect.
Police told Channel 9 they were serving a warrant on a suspect in a neighborhood near Allenbrook Elementary School when the person ran.
The school was placed on a modified lockdown, which means classes were still going on and the only people allowed inside were those known to school officials.
Around 11:30 a.m., the lockdown was lifted and police were breaking down their perimeter. There was no word on if an arrest was made.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Suspected bank robber killed in crash following police pursuit
- Danica Patrick done at Stewart-Haas after 2017, future unclear
- Equifax breach: You can sue if your data was exposed
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Police track down, shock suspect connected to Circle K robbery
- Body of Florida grandmother missing since Christmas found during Hurricane Irma
© 2018 Cox Media Group.