SOUTH CAROLINA — South Carolina health officials confirm the state’s first sexually transmitted case of the Zika virus.
The person who was diagnosed had sexual contact with someone who got the virus while traveling abroad, authorities said.
The total number of cases in the state is up to six.
North Carolina has reported 15 cases.
There are more than 750 cases nationwide.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Whitewater activities closed at Whitewater Center after deadly amoeba found
- Official: 1 dead in Iredell County motorcycle wreck
- 3 people who visited Blowing Rock motel diagnosed with Legionnaire's disease
- University City neighborhood sees spike in break-ins
- FORECAST: Warm start to the weekend, possible storms for mountains
Cox Media Group