YORK COUNTY, S.C. — Officials in South Carolina are investigating after a man was found dead in Lake Wylie Sunday morning, our news partners at the Rock Hill Herald reported.
Lt. Shean Coates from the S.C. Department of Natural Resources confirmed to the Herald that the York County Sheriff's Office called about a boat that was found breached.
Coates said the boat was found off Brandt Road near the Big Allison Creek boat landing. He said the man's body was found floating around the boat.
Officials said the man, identified as 66-year-old Charles Severs, left around 6 p.m. or 7 p.m. Saturday and did not return home. They performed a search around 1 a.m. for three hours and did not find the man. They picked up the search again Sunday morning.
Officials said the York County coroner will be performing an autopsy, but Coates said he believes the death may be related to a medical condition.
Coates said there appears to be no sign of a boating accident.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'Thrill-seeker' arrested for climbing uptown building under construction
- Search to resume for Charlotte man who never returned from bike ride
- 2 police motorcycles collide during chase in North Carolina
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Millions fall for SC dentist in viral 'In My Fillings' dance video
Cox Media Group