The Mecklenburg County Board of Commissioners and the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools Board of Education met Tuesday night with a large crowd of parents and students to talk about student reassignment.
More than 50 people signed up to speak about the issue inside the government center.
CMS said there has been no decisions as to how students could be reassigned as many citizens shared their concerns on how students would be bussed to other schools.
A survey is out asking families about the reassignment.
Reporter Elsa Gillis is at the meeting. Follow her on Twitter.
- Group engages parents to gain CMS survey participation
- Community leaders hoping to get more involved in new CMS survey
- CMS to send surveys to parents on student reassignment
Read more of our top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Passengers capture moment cruise ship is pummeled by 30-foot waves
- Fans greet Panthers as they return home after Super Bowl
- Man arrested after resuscitating OD victim to whom he allegedly sold heroin
- IMAGES: Fans greet Panthers returning home
- Fans debate after Newton walks away from news conference
- 2015 sets record for most shark attacks, with 98 worldwide
© 2019 Cox Media Group.