CATAWBA COUNTY, N.C. - The drivers of two vehicles involved in a head-on collision in Caldwell County were airlifted to Carolinas Medical Center -- Main in Charlotte, the Lenoir Police Department said.
Fredrick Motley, 59, was driving a 2008 Chevrolet Impala south on Ellerwood Road, when he crossed the center line and collided with a truck driven by Emily Davis, 30, according to police.
The status of the two drivers is not known, officials said.
Two children in the truck were also taken to the hospital by ground with non-life-threatening injuries.
Anyone with information in regards to the crash are asked to call the Lenoir Police Department at 828-757-2100 or, to remain anonymous, call Crimestoppers at 828-758-8300.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after man shot, killed outside uptown Charlotte
- US Justice Department asks judge to block NC transgender law
- Identical twin sisters give birth at same time miles apart
- Pres. Obama, Hillary Clinton stop at Midwood Smokehouse in Charlotte
- Carowinds says group of kids caused disturbance at park Monday night
© 2019 Cox Media Group.