CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Firefighters responded to the scene of a 2-alarm hazmat situation Tuesday evening at the Seacon Corporation on John Crosland Junior Way near Wilkinson Boulevard.
Firefighters said there were hazardous materials inside the warehouse, so they had to work around those while fighting the fire.
Additional firefighters were called in to help because of the heat. There was also a mass casualty bus to keep first responders safe in the heat. Firefighters worked in intervals to make sure there were no issues with the heat.
No firefighters were injured.
Mecklenburg EMS said one person was taken to Carolinas Medical Center for minor injuries.
Charlotte Fire Department said the company was mixing chemicals and there was a little fire and smoke. The sprinkler system quickly put the fire out, but the smoke was a concern.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Pastor dies after train collides with truck in Gaston Co.
- After recent attacks, local police receive cards, support from community
- Slain Baton Rouge officer was a man people looked up to, friend tells Channel 9
- 46-year-old woman found dead in Charlotte park near West Charlotte school
- CLICK HERE for more on the RNC