ASHE COUNTY, N.C. - A father in Ashe County is accused of fatally shooting his son Thursday night.
Ashe County Sheriff James Williams said Benjamin Tirado, 57, is charged with murder and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon, GoBlueRidge.net is reporting.
Daniel Tirado, 20, died at the hospital after being shot in the shoulder area, the sheriff said.
The sheriff has not released any information on what led to the shooting. Benjamin Tirado was jailed without bond.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Authorities search for convicted felon in Catawba County
- Troopers investigating deadly wreck in Chester County
- Officials: Another DSS worker accepted money for info on Medicaid clients
- Detectives: Grandmother gave lethal dose of drug to toddler
- Troopers: 16-year-old bicyclist hit, killed by SUV in Gaston Co.