GOLDSBORO, NC — An eastern North Carolina man allegedly stole his stepdaughter's puppy and then sold it for drugs.
WTVD-TV reports 41-year-old Christopher O'Neal Eakes is charged with larceny of a dog.
The Wayne County Sheriff's Office said the 8-week-old Yorkie puppy was reported stolen on New Year's Day from a home in Dudley, North Carolina.
Deputies said they later determined Eakes stole the dog from his own home.
His bond was set at $2,500.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 6 gang members with ties to Lake Wylie couple's slayings sentenced
- Family warns of dangers after 21-year-old dies of flu complications
- WATCH: Gators poke snouts out of ice to survive cold at NC park
- CMPD: Alcohol a factor in crash that killed 1, injured 3 north of uptown
- VIDEO: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast update
- School and business closing alerts
Cox Media Group