CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Shoppers in a nationwide survey rated Trader Joe’s as the top grocery store for the second year in a row because of the retailer’s ability to understand customer needs and deliver on price and quality.
The 2019 Retailer Preference Index — Grocery Edition compiled by customer data science company dunnhumby analyzed survey input from 7,000 U.S. households to determine which of the 56 largest grocery retailers have the strongest combination of financial performance and consumer loyalty.
In Charlotte, Trader Joe’s, with three stores here, held 1.2% of the local grocery market share as of spring 2018, ranking it 15th in that measure, according to the 2018 Grocery Industry Market Share Report by Chain Store Guide.
After Trader Joe’s, the other grocers with the highest overall consumer preference index scores were Costco Wholesale Corp., Amazon.com Inc., Texas supermarket chain H-E-B, and Wegmans Food Markets.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Passenger dead, driver charged after car smashes into tree in south Charlotte
- CMPD conducting homicide investigation in west Charlotte
- High school rock painting honoring MLK stirs up controversy
- WATCH: Meteorologist Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- Pair arrested for squatting in Davidson home accused of squatting in Charlotte house
© 2019 Cox Media Group.