UNION COUNTY, N.C. - Firefighters from six different departments battled a fire at a Union County business Thursday morning.
A sod company’s building caught fire around 9:30 a.m. on Indian Trail Fairview Road, near Highway 218, just off Highway 601.
Midland firefighters said they encountered flames and thick black smoke when they arrived at the business.
It’s still not clear what caused the fire, but officials told Channel 9 that nobody was hurt.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Charlotte-area hospitals restricting access because of flu
- School cancels classes after more than 160 students call out with flu
- 7th grader seriously hurt after being struck by car in Gastonia
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- CMPD thinks victim asked homeowner for help after being shot
- Former South Carolina first lady Jenny Sanford gets engaged
© 2018 Cox Media Group.