Skeletal remains were found in a park Saturday morning in Berkeley County, police said, WCIV reported.
Investigators said the remains belonged to a human and were found at Wesvaco Park in Hanahan.
Authorities said they were unable to determine the sex and age of the remains and that they do not know when the person died at this point.
In 2011, a body was also found at the same park. Police discovered a burned body near the playground area.
The case is still under investigation.
No other details have been released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after man shot in east Charlotte dies at hospital
- Suspected drunk driver hits 4 construction workers, killing 1 near Concord Mills
- Hotel evacuated after man fires gun inside nearby business, CMPD says
- Driver charged with DWI after hitting, killing man on I-277 in Charlotte, police say
- Driver intentionally hit, killed 79-year-old woman at Matthews grocery store, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.